Saturday, November 12, 2011

Trail Maintenance

This is my shovel....... there are many like it....but this one is mine....

...actually this was my first shovel....



(it couldn't handle me...)


So today I volunteered to help clean up the trails I regularly hike. Only seems right to maintain what I use. So basically a small group hiked the trail and removed the snow.....yes in Antarctica. Not to much explaining here. Most people know exactly what it is like.....kinda like shoveling a sidewalk. Been a while since I have had to do that. My back concurs.....

So here are a few pictures of the task.....









.......and a County (or State) worker....well supervisor pose.....

Not the best pic, I had one of me leaning on the shovel while everyone else worked...but this one is clearer...you get the point. And the reward for this; other than personal satisfaction, sense of community spirit, and a nice hike (after getting out of work early); the thing that made it worth it.....


I got my own placard for the trail system. The only way to get one (I'm told) is to do this volunteer work. I also got a pretty cool sticker.....


.................ahh the little things.


                                                                                  Till next time....................

..............."Cooking on Ice"


No comments:

Post a Comment